Popular Posts

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

ABCD Chart

Action
Making comment to client that she has been going out with people a lot of the nights here and that it would be fair to let someone else have the chance to get out.
Belief
  1. I am a mean insensitive bitch who never thinks about what I say before saying it.
  2. People don't connect with me or don't want to because eventually I say something mean or venemous to hurt the person.
  3. I am a selfish person who is manipulative and only care about my feelings and I shouldn't make friends because im ingenuine and going to hurt everyone
Consequences
  • Emotional: Feel like I was a mean person, insecure, scared, out of control, self-conscious, nervous, increased heart rate, wanted to isolate and push away. I felt I didn't deserve hanging out with the girls.
  • Behavioral: Talked to peers to see if I was being insensitive, avoided seeing the client and talking to her. Clung on to other peers I felt safe with as a way to validate to myself that I am not unwanted.
Disengaging Beliefs
  • Client could have been upset with more than just want I said. If there room in the car then it is okay for me to go. This situation is temporary and will blow over. I know I am not always insensitive. I know I'm not always insensitive, I know I am caring. I shouldn't waste energy being upset based on assumptions especially without talking to the client myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment