Popular Posts

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Poem from post-treatment 4/28/10

I am an addict
I no long have control
I am no longer good
--even though I think i should.

I'm that person no one wants to be
I'm that person that is always asked to flee
.... I cannot just be.
I can't be my true self
I cant look in the mirror w/o disgust
No one looks at me w/ faith and trust.

My point in being here seems to be fading
Feels like im walking through the mud wading
Trying to get to the other side
trying to abide
---by my true soul an inner self

1 comment:

  1. Your poems are powerful! Please believe, however, that with addiction, you do not become a "bad" person. You are a person with a disease that's a bitch to fight. You are still loveable, worthy of all that is good in this life. I love you--Amy

    ReplyDelete